Project Delivery Manager at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Project Delivery Manager - Tāmaki Makaurau - Oranga Tamariki
- Full Time, two-year Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity
- Ideally located out of Tāmaki Makaurau, however we will consider applicants across locations
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
We put Tamariki first
We believe Aroha is vital
We respect the Mana of people
We are Tika and Pono
We value Whakapapa
We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Mō te tūnga| About the role
Oranga Tamariki has an infrastructure capital programme of work across the country that will deliver an improved experience for tamariki, rangatahi, whānau, kaimahi, partners and communities within each region. This programme will support the strategic changes in resource allocation, decision making and practice, and create spaces where people feel safe and nurtured. The creation of spaces that support, enable and drive change is core to the success of our programme.
The Project Delivery Manager will be accountable for the successful engagement, planning and co-design of project deliverables, as well as owning and managing the delivery of the build and construction phases, including managing the selection and performance of external consultants.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What will you bring
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in property or project management within a central or local government environment
- Working knowledge of the legislative framework and building standards
- Good understanding of government rules of procurement
- Demonstrated experience administering complex building projects, monitoring project costs, and achieving project deadlines
- Strong organisation skills with key focus on problem solving and solutions, including the ability to navigate the complexities of a challenging working environment, and overcome barriers to ensure successful outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi and whānau.
- Excellent engagement and relationship management skills, and ability to build connections and work alongside influencers and decision makers
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and guiding others through a changing environment where one size does not fit all - a strong change agent
Nōu te rourou| What's in it for you
Annual remuneration for this position is between $138,727 and $154,142 dependent on experience. Tenure-based progression steps are subsequently available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
This is an opportunity for your governance talent and expertise to make a real difference for tamariki and rangatahi in Aotearoa.
Our generous benefits include: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Sravani.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 8 July 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.