Nurse Unit Manager - Patient Management Services at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Busy role supporting the day-to-day running of our hospital services
Opportunity to make a difference to the life of our patients and whānau
Career pathway for senior nurses
Ko wai mātou | Our OrganisationKo wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Auckland DHB has made a commitment to providing healthcare that is the right treatment at the right time. The Patient at Risk (PAR) team is aimed at improving empowering and supporting the management of patients at risk of physiological deterioration.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Are you looking for a clinical leadership position with an exciting future?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior nurse to join as Nurse Unit Manager.
The role provides clinical and nursing leadership and management to ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the services and contributes to the delivery of the organisation’s objectives and nursing strategy.
The portfolio includes:
- Clinical Nurse Managers at Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre
- Patient Flow
- Transition Lounge
- Transit Care Team
- Resource Nursing Team
- Professional nursing leadership for the Temporary Staffing Bureau
- Support to other areas of the directorate as required.
Our successful candidate will be a senior nurse with significant leadership experience and a keen interest in supporting the day-to-day operations of the hospital. You will have a proven track record demonstrating innovative thinking, patient focused care and change management. You will be able to work with a variety of stakeholders to problem solve to support the smooth running of hospital services.
Your key accountabilities will focus on:
- Clinical and operation competence to meet the needs of the services, the patient and family/ whānau within the nursing team
- Effective management of the team within your portfolio
- Supporting the wider hospital to ensure care delivery across services
- Leading portfolios and projects as delegated by the Nurse Director and Director
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- A minimum of five years’ experience with demonstrated leadership, and Charge Nurse or NUM experience.
- Strong leadership skills and work well as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Excellent management and organisational ability
- The ability to manage and lead service change
- A positive attitude towards innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be dynamic and enthusiastic
- A current annual practicing certificate.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
For confidential discussion and further information about this role, please contact Jane Lees, Director, Patient Management Services, on 021 476 159 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries and a copy of the position description, please contact Candida Hall, Recruitment Consultant CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
To take the next step in your nursing career, please visit our website www.careers.adhb.govt.nz and submit an online application with your latest CV
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker role as defined by the Act.
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.