Senior Change Manager at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Role: Senior Change Manager
Reports to: People Leader - Change & Delivery
Job type: Fixed term
We have an incredible opportunity for an accomplished Senior Change Manager to come and join our team at the Change Programme Management Office on a 12-month fixed term basis. We are enablers of change and these roles will provide change expertise to complex and large programmes and projects.
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
• We put Tamariki first
• We believe Aroha is vital
• We respect the Mana of people
• We are Tika and Pono
• We value Whakapapa
• We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role | Mō te tūnga
The Oranga Tamariki Practice Programme is a programme of work that seeks to make a fundamental shift in our approach to practice within Oranga Tamariki. At the heart of this shift is the relationships we build with the tamariki, whānau, communities and partners we work with. This will require us to make changes, as an organisation and as individual practitioners.
Our practice will draw from Te Ao Māori knowledge, methods and principles which are by their nature relational, restorative and inclusive.
This is your opportunity to be part of a unique and exciting programme of work that is shaping the future of statutory social work in Aotearoa in order to achieve better outcomes for tamariki and whanau Māori, and all children and families we work with.
As the Senior Change Manager you will;
• Develop and/or support Programme change activities as required which could include but not limited to change plans, readiness assessments, training, communications, and resistance management
• Developing, leading and supporting key stakeholder engagement
• Coaching and mentoring the wider Project or Programme team
• Contributing to the Change community of practice
About you | Mōu
• Experienced in all aspects if of change management including impact assessments, stakeholder engagement, communications, learning, change leadership and people readiness
• A great communicator who can easily engage, build credibility and influence a diverse range of people
• Be highly adaptive and very comfortable working with ambiguity
• Have a strong people centric focus
• Highly resilient, things don't always go to plan and you will need to be able to change tact as needed
• Willing and courageous to have the uncomfortable conversation while respecting the mana of people
• A strong facilitator and highly collaborative
• Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of Te Ao Māori (advantageous)
What's in it for you | Nou te rourou:
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding career with flexible working opportunities and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a meaningful difference.
We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
For a full list of our employee benefits please copy and paste the link below: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/.
How to apply | Me pehea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: Tuesday 5 July 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Change Manager_ Change PMO - Position Description -Aug 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.