Speech Language Therapist 1.0FTE permenant at Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne), Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you looking for a rewarding job with a wonderful lifestyle?
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Speech Language Therapist to join our small friendly team full-time.
About the role
This is a generalist position and you will be working across a range of settings (inpatients, outpatients, community) with patients with a variety of communication and swallowing disorders. No two days are the same in this job, and you will be managing your own caseload. You will have lots of opportunities for professional development and you will be working within a supportive team environment.
This role would be well suited to an SLT with experience who is looking for a varied clinical role or a recent graduate who is looking for an opportunity to develop a wide range of skills in a supportive environment; clinical supervision will be provided.
To view the job description, please click here
We look forward to hearing from you if you have:
- Experience in dysphagia assessment and management (including VFSS or FEES) would be great but is not essential.
- A positive attitude to life-long learning and the desire to deliver the best evidence-based practice for patients and whānau.
- A strong understanding of inequity and the contributing factors, as well as dedication to help your patients/clients achieve their health outcomes
- A passion for speech language therapy and helping patients and their whānau achieve their goals
- The ability to work under pressure and manage your workload independently and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Understanding of Te Ao Māori
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work with a wide variety of people
- A current full driver’s licence
- A degree in Speech Language Therapy and membership of (or be eligible for membership of) the NZSTA.
All candidates will be subject to a police screen.
We are a small, dedicated and friendly SLT team and we aim to deliver a high quality, patient centred, responsive, evidence-based and equitable speech language therapy service. We place high value on creating a safe and inclusive working environment.
The Tairāwhiti region has a population of approximately 50,000 and about half of the population identifies as Māori. There are beautiful beaches and walks surrounding Gisborne and there are no traffic jams or long commutes! The weather is some of the best in the country with long warm summers and surf all year round. Parking at the hospital is free for staff and visitors, so you could be finishing work and be swimming at the beach 10 minutes later.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Hauora Tairawhiti (Gisborne)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.