Social Worker Youth Justice at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full Time, Permanent, Hamilton
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this fast-paced role, you will work with other social services, agencies and providers to ensure the needs of the child or young person and their family are fully met. If you think you have what it takes, and are dedicated to achieving positive change for children, young people and their families in the community, then we want to hear from you.
The purpose of this role is to provide statutory social work services which promote the protection, wellbeing and best management of children and young persons in safe families. The Social Worker will work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of intervention strategies designed to meet desired outcomes, specified by the Minister for Children.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A passion for Youth Justice
- A Social Work Qualification with Full Registration and current Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Social Worker Registration Board
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (you will need to provide professional written and verbal feedback to the courts)
- A commitment to bi-cultural practice and a culturally responsive approach (including a good understanding of Tikanga Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi)
- An understanding of the Oranga Tamariki Act and Youth Justice processes
- Proven expertise and social work practice in child protection and an understanding of New Zealand legislation that relates to the safety of children and young people
- A full, clean driver's licence
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 5 July 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021).We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption. We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.