Physiotherapist- Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- This is a part time role working 20 hours over 5 days Monday to Friday. Ideal hours are 0830-1230 or 0800-1200 but there is a small amount of flex in this.
- It is essential that you are a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current Annual practicing Certificate.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Older Persons Health and Rehabilitation is a division of the CDHB base d at Burwood and in the community. Currently this role is one of 2 Physiotherapists working on B1. This is a 20 bedded ward which is one of 4 Older Persons IP wards. Together with a full time colleague you will be responsible for carrying out effective patient assessments and formulating goal based treatment plans.
Ko wai koe | About You;
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out effective patient assessment, evaluation and treatments in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of practice;
- Formulating treatment interventions to meet individual needs in collaboration with the wider multi-disciplinary team;
- Ensuring effective communication with other members of the physiotherapy team and wider MDT team.
Your skills will include:
- The ability to hit the ground running with the energy and passion to deliver a high standard of care to patients;
- The ability to develop a close working relationship with physiotherapy assistants and the wider physiotherapy team;
- Flexibility and adaptability with an enthusiasm for knowledge sharing across and beyond your discipline;
- Flexibility to work in any of our rehabilitation areas depending on need in conjunction with the wider interdisciplinary teams;
- It is essential that you are a New Zealand Registered Physiotherapist with a current practicing certificate to be considered for this role;
- You will either be an existing ENABLE assessor or eligible for registration.
- You will be required to participate on the weekend roster, the amount, the day and the type of roster is negotiable.
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.