Assessor and Contract Monitoring Assistant at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
• Find assessors for science funding applications and assess science project progress reports across a wide range of fields
• Supportive team environment with development opportunities available
• Flexible work life balance and wellbeing benefits
About the role:
You will help run fair and transparent science funding processes, reading the applications, matching them with assessors and stewarding those assessors through the assessment process. You will read the progress reports submitted by funded applicants and assess their progress and their support needs.
• Oversee the assessment of your portfolio of science investment proposals
• Assess the performance of your portfolio of science investment progress reports
• Recruit and maintain researchers to the College of Assessors using your scientific knowledge.
Skills and experience required:
• Tertiary qualification in science to at least Masters (NZQF level 9) level
• Proven experience in assimilating comprehensive scientific information
• Experience relevant to this role in a science environment; assessment processes, relationship management, contract reporting and monitoring
• Previous experience with relationship management and influencing
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Good organising and planning skills
• Must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
Our team has a great culture. We collaborate and support each other, and we make sure everyone has the chance to develop and to take on new challenges. We encourage excellence and proactively support professional development. We'll help you manage a healthy work-life balance with flexi-time and access to health insurance. If the opportunity to join an effective, flexible and supportive team with scope to grow interests you then we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role further with you.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Supportive team environment
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.