Injury Prevention Partner at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Reducing the incidence and severity of injuries is a strategic priority for ACC and one of the many ways we help to improve lives every day. Our vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is shifting the ways we work with New Zealanders to deliver meaningful support and guidance in the prevention, care and recovery from injury.
In this role, you will be utilizing treatment injury surveillance information and designing, managing, and continuously improving a range of Injury Prevention products and programmes within the Treatment Safety portfolio to improve the safety of treatment for users of New Zealand health services. You will also have a key role in monitoring the reach and impact of products / services / programmes on outcomes.
ACC's Injury Prevention Programmes are part of inter-agency efforts that are making great progress in reducing New Zealand's injury rate. As an Injury Prevention Partner in the Treatment Safety Team, you will be responsible for collaborating with a range of internal and external stakeholders in the health sector to coproduce a range of innovative injury prevention products and programmes, that work. The scope of the work is broad and has cross overs with several disciplines and agencies, so requires a multidisciplinary, multiagency approach.
As an Injury Prevention Partner in the Treatment Safety team; your heath sector experience is valuable. You will be able to bring your understanding of complexity to inform meaningful discussions and actions, engaging and leading stakeholder relationships to further the insights required to deliver value to users of our injury preventing products and services.
To be successful in this role, you'll need strengths in one or more of the following:
- You bring your networks and experience in the health sector - either hospital, community, or primary healthcare.
- Experience in using qualitative methods of inquiry / research in your work.
- Proven experience in the approach of design thinking/human-centred design.
- You bring a population health approach to support our wider population health approach.
- Understanding of patient safety principles, strategies and intervention options.
- Experience in planning, funding and/or commissioning.
- Ability to identify target groups through root cause analysis.
- Influencing diverse stakeholders at different levels of the health system
- Ability to work autonomously but also be an active member of a cross functional team.
- An agile and innovative mind-set.
Benefits of working at ACC:
- Salary range $98k - $138k plus a generous 9% superannuation contribution.
- Supportive leader who cares about your career development and progression within a dynamic organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of ACC's Injury Prevention Strategy
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click Position Description.pdf. Applications will run through to 5th July 2022, please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Please attach your cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.