Electrician - Facilities, Nelson Hospital at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent full-time position based at Nelson Hospital
- Interesting and rewarding work in a health environment
- Contribute to health outcomes across our region
- Positive work ethic and committed to giving excellent client service
- Great workshop and steady work
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
Nelson Marlborough Health is looking for a NZ Registered Electrician to be an effective member of the facilities team with responsibility for new work and the maintenance, repair, testing of electrical trade related plant, equipment, services and facilities within the department-s area of responsibility.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
It will be essential that you have a minimum of two years post-registration electrical experience and sound knowledge of both the electrical and building industries. You will have a positive work ethic and commitment to delivering excellent client service.
- Certification, planned and reactive maintenance of the electrical appliances, equipment & systems used throughout the hospital
- New work
- Monitor and report on asset condition.
- Consistently apply good trade workmanship and aware of new advances in relevant technology, electronics and work practices
- Participate in the on-call component which actively takes part in the after hour's on-call team where generous on-call rates apply
- Monitor and report on health and safety in the work place.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in electrical duties and electronics.
- Qualified and registered in New Zealand and hold a current electrical licence
- A current New Zealand driver's license.
- Fit and able to undertake the required duties.
For the health and safety of both staff and patients, and in line with the Health Order, all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including boosters.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough-s largest employer. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
We provide a great place to work with professional development opportunities, job security, and workplace wellness programmes. We encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills, and passionate about caring for our community. We do great work and we need a great team to help us deliver.
Nelson Tasman is a place of stunning natural landscapes - lakes, mountains, rivers, native bush and beaches. The region is known for its relaxed lifestyle and year round dry and sunny days. Find out more at https://www.nelsontasman.nz/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Philip Reardon, Acting Facilities Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to apply now, it-s easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Applications close: Thursday 21st July (unless filled prior). Applications will be reviewed as received.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.