Risk Advisory Specialist at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
ACC's vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. The Integrity Services team manages ACC's Integrity Framework and is responsible for protecting ACC from fraud, waste, and abuse. The team helps to protect the value and sustainability of the services that ACC provides through targeted prevention, detection, and response activities.
About the role:
The Risk Advisory Specialist role is part of a small, collaborative team that encourages curiosity and inclusion. This role is a great opportunity to further your experience in a large, complex organisation, and work creatively in a state of ambiguity where your skills allow you to create clarity, provide guidance and engage stakeholders so they can make better risk decisions. Responsibilities include:
- Providing advice on and undertaking or supporting compliance reviews, auditing, risk assessment or control review activity
- Engaging with the business to better understand integrity risks and support investigations and improvements that will enhance ACC's resilience to risks
- Maintaining a risk register, control testing and tracking treatment plans to completion
- Providing leadership and advice around the design and delivery of business improvement and risk mitigation initiatives including design of procedural controls, recommendations for policy change, delivery of improved business processes, development of risk quantification/calculation methods and tools, or design of audit mechanisms
- Support the Manager Integrity Risk Advisory and other Integrity practice leads in the development, delivery, and management of programme prevention initiatives such as awareness programmes, internal communication or training needs, or risk profiling sessions.
This role is best located in Wellington but could also be Auckland based (Newmarket).
What we are looking for:
- A commercially savvy professional who is risk aware, but not risk averse
- Agile in your approach - each day will be different
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen
- High level of interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills
- Project management and data analysis experience would be beneficial.
In a past (or present) life, you will have been working in operational risk management, ideally relating to integrity and fraud risks within a large corporate environment.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
The base salary range for this role is $81,636 - $115,251 with appointment within the range depending on skills and experience. ACC also offers 9% superannuation.
For a detailed position description, please click HERE.
Applications close Wednesday, 6 July and can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Careers Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you would like further information, please contact Anita.Jones@acc.co.nz.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.