Kaitohu ā Rohe – Regional Advisor, Hastings, Ikaroa-Rawhiti at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Hawkes Bay
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Puni Kōkiri are looking for a talented Advisor to join our Hastings Ikaroa-Rāwhiti Office!
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa. The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We influence the work of others by bringing Māori voices to decision makers and we invest in innovative initiatives that build the capacity and readiness of whānau and Māori communities.
To achieve this, we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The Opportunity
Based in our Hastings Ikaroa-Rāwhiti Regional Office, the Advisor is responsible for assisting whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisations and Māori communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development. The Advisor will work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori.
You will do this by:
- Facilitating regional partnerships and to work with stakeholders across the iwi, public and private sectors.
- Contributing to regional work programmes including leading and providing policy advice across a range of project related issues significant to Māori and Government.
- Leading work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori.
- Acting as an effective conduit for information both into and out of Māori communities to support Māori initiatives.
The appointment range for this role is $62,406 - $86,085 per annum.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for an Advisor who can contribute to the work of the team to help us lead the way in developing government operational policy and investment design in a whānau centred way. Reporting to the team leader, you will use be a conduit between communities and government agencies to help provide better outcome for Māori.
To be successful you will have:
- Understanding of the government and public sector processes.
- Sound writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strong critical reasoning.
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Capable at identifying risks.
- Demonstrated capability in providing high quality advice and recommendations.
- Numeracy and competency with spreadsheets and databases.
- Comfort in working in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit.
- A clean full motor vehicle driver's licence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Ka whiwhi koe i te aha | What you will get in return
A diverse and rewarding working environment full of passionate people focussed on discovering solutions that will assist in serving our communities. We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative.
We invest in our people, and you will be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is just as important as you. We are committed to your wellbeing and learning and development.
If this opportunity appeals to you, apply now!
We are actively reviewing talent and an appointment will be made once a suitable candidate is identified. We encourage you to make your application today or get in touch to discuss more about how this great opportunity will fit with your career goals.
Applications close Wednesday 6 July 2022 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||2021 08 27 Advisor, Ikaroa-Rāwhiti Job Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.