Pharmacy Technician - Ashburton at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Ashburton
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity (1.0FTE) 40 hours per week.
- Pharmacy Technician-s Certificate (level 5) is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you-re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Ngā Ratonga Kēmihi. Te-manawanui-he-kaupapa;-he-rongoā-e-arotahi-ana
CDHB Pharmacy Services are patient centred: medicines focused
We are a diverse team and pride ourselves on providing a range of outstanding pharmacy services to our patients in collaboration with the wider multi-disciplinary team.
We-re looking for a Pharmacy Technician to join our Ashburton team Permanent full-time.
This is an exciting and varied opportunity working within an experienced team of Pharmacists and Technicians who are all passionate about the health and wellbeing of the Canterbury community. The days and hours required for this position are between Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Dispensing inpatient and outpatient medication, and attending to administrative tasks associated with the dispensary;
- Assisting with the provision of clinical pharmacy services to wards/patients;
- Operational training of other staff members.
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- A client-focused approach to work and a commitment to providing high-quality service;
- Hospital pharmacy experience is advantageous but not essential;
- A Pharmacy Technician-s Certificate (level 5), or be upgrading to the former from an equivalent overseas qualification, is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
At our DHB, we are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We are also committed to putting people at the heart of all we do, so that we are all supported to deliver world class healthcare to our communities. This means we;
- behave with honesty, integrity and courage
- strive to -do the right thing- by each other and our communities
- show care and concern for our own and others wellbeing
- firmly believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse communities
- show respect and value everyone-s differences
- seek a diverse range of viewpoints when making decisions
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
At the DHB, you are part of something greater then yourself and encouraged to your uniquely self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.