Advisor – Communications & Engagement | Kaitohutohu – Whakawhitinga Kōrero Me Te at Statistics NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Advisor - Communications & Engagement | Kaitohutohu - Whakawhitinga Kōrero Me Te Whanaungatanga
A great opportunity to work in a supportive team providing strategic engagement advice across the organisation Stats NZ.
- Showcase your engagement, relationship management and communication skills
- Varied and interesting work programme
- Work flexibility to balance work and life commitments
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $68,106- $ 92,14 negotiable + superannuation
Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Advisor - Communications and Engagement, to join a tight-knit team in our Wellington office. One role is part of a customer-centric team providing strategic and operational communications and engagement advice across Stats NZ.
Reporting to the Manager - Communications & Engagement, you will deliver general communications and engagement services through a portfolio-based approach, providing dedicated advisory support. You will possess good knowledge and be keen to develop and grow your expertise and skillset.
You will be working closely with our Senior Advisors - Communications & Engagement, contributing and supporting the development and implementation of the work programme. You'll support relationships across the business by providing best practice advice to assigned portfolios.
This is a generic position description. The role may be allocated a specific project or work area. Requirements in your role may change with the needs of the organisation.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other's behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- A communications and engagement professional looking to develop their skills and technical expertise and an up to date understanding of communications best practice.
- Demonstratable proficiency with Office 365.
- Agile in thinking and working, comfortable working in both a non-structured and structured way.
- Be approachable, friendly, and comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate the right outcomes or raise concerns where required.
- Able to professionally present sometimes complex information to a range of audiences.
- Strong customer focus with a commitment to finding solutions to customer challenges.
- A can-do attitude, great time management and excellent attention to detail.
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of the public sector environment and the machinery of government, and an awareness of Stats NZ's purpose and environment
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to Danielle Coe at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||220316_Advisor C&E_PD_ Mar 2022 (2).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.