Workplace administrator at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2 x Fixed-term, fulltime Workplace Administrator
- Pukekohe Site, South Tāmaki Makaurau
- Competitive salary ranging from $51,095 - $56,773, depending on experience
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Do you want to make a difference to New Zealand's tamariki, rangatahi, whānau and communities around South Tāmaki Makaurau?
Come and join our great, supportive and fun team and grow your administration experience to new heights with our team as we provide services throughout South Tāmaki Makaurau.
- Be responsible for administration needs of Social Work kaimahi and psychologists including assistance with financial plans, data collection and regional scheduling.
- Liaise with vendors, casual staff and other stakeholders
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Scheduling interview appointments, co-ordinating community based programmes for our young tamariki and rangatahi.
- Booking rooms, answering phones and assisting on the reception desk
- Organising welcomes/whakatau for new comers and whānau as and when required
- Deal with critical scenarios in a calm, professional manner
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Support the team with all aspects of Health and Safety
- Have a strong computer and IT knowledge
- Organise and support the Manager on a daily basis
- Admin skills such as typing, reporting, responding to building and Site needs
- cultural awareness and an understanding of Tikanga Māori principles
- a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong time management
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry as applications for this position close on Wednesday 13th July 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. Many of our roles require our kaimahi to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with the COVID-19 Public Health response 2021 and in accordance with Oranga Tamariki's Vaccination Policy.
As an employee with Oranga Tamariki you may also be asked to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption if it is required for the position you have applied for.
If you have any questions around whether vaccination is required for this role please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.