Senior Advisor Compliance at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
• Use your mana to drive internal policy and compliance capability and culture across MBIE
• Work across the business to provide expert advice and support on compliance and policy related matters to senior managers and staff
• Wellington based role with flexibility to work from home
• Salary $93K - $115K depending on experience
About the role:
• This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the way in which MBIE meets its legislative, regulatory and policy obligations. We are looking for an experienced internal policy and/ or compliance professional to support the development, implementation and embedding of a mature compliance function as a key component of MBIE’s ‘Three Lines’ risk management model.
• Reporting to the Manager Compliance, your ability to influence and motivate others to lift organisational capability and culture around compliance are core skills you bring to the role.
• We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about internal policy and compliance, can bring a fresh perspective, and thrives in a complex and changing environment.
• MBIE supports a wide range of flexible working arrangements.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience supporting a compliance function in a large and complex environment
• Sound knowledge of, and practical experience in, best practice internal policy and compliance frameworks, systems and processes
• Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers and staff and build strong working relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably business degree or legal qualification) is desirable
• Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.