Service Manager Medicine (Full time), CM Health at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Leadership role requiring impact
A role like this doesn’t come around very often!
We have a great opportunity for an experienced individual to provide managerial leadership to the Division of Medicine in partnership with the Clinical Head/Clinical Lead of service/s. There will also be important partnerships with the Divisional Clinical Director, Clinical Nurse Director and Associate Director Allied Health to contribute to the future improvement and development of the services.
Reporting to the General Manager – Division of Medicine, you will play a critical role in providing and demonstrating leadership including acting with respect and kindness to employees and patients; and, in achieving health, safety, and financial outcomes in an extremely resource constrained environment. This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday and based at Middlemore Hospital.
To be successful in this role you need to have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Clinical/Health or Business
- 5 years’ management experience in a large, multifaceted healthcare environment including staff management, financial management and change management
- Strong track record of managing complexity and risk whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery.
- Ability to write documents - reports, proposals, business cases etc… to a high standard.
- Ability to think strategically as well as operationally and plan service delivery.
- Experience in delivering change and performance with and through teams, by engaging them in the directions and delivery of plans, establishing clear work priorities, delegating effectively, ensuring capability to deliver, monitoring performance, and providing timely, regular feedback.
- Consultative leadership style.
- Ability to take and lead people on a journey of growth and change.
- Ability to build strong effective teams and networks.
- Excel at operating in a fast-pace, collaborative environment.
If you are looking for a worthwhile challenge and want to work in an effective team and you share the CM Health team values of Excellent, Valuing Everyone, Kind, and Together and want to join us on a journey of achieving health equity for our community, apply now!
When working for us you will be working alongside some of the best in the business. We support and encourage further professional development and provide a supportive working environment.
To make an application please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com or to review the position description please “click here”. For more information about the role please contact Tangi Namulauulu in the Recruitment Centre via email email@example.com
Closing Date:13th July 2022
Position Number: CMH20228620
Our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our patients and our people. We have strict Health & Safety measures to keep our people safe. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. We are also committed to our Disability Strategy, which focuses on people with disabilities; they are our patients, whaanau, community and our staff - all carefully considered in our action plan. Together we will improve the accessibility needs for everyone who has a disability. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind –Manaakitanga, Together –Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.