Clinical Director at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Clinical Director, Whanau Home Quarantine Service
NRHCC Northern Region Health Coordination Centre
0.6 – 1.0 FTE
Fixed term to December 2022
A fixed term opportunity has arisen for a senior clinician to provide clinical governance and leadership of the Whanau Home Quarantine (Whanau HQ) service. This role is led out of the Northern Region Covid-19 response within the Northern Region Health Coordination Centre (NRHCC) and is a great opportunity to be involved at the heart of the COVID-19 pandemic response. You will be an integral part of a collaborative and high-performing team that are dedicated to making a difference for our community.
The programme is to ensure people who develop COVID-19 (and their whānau/households) are supported to safely isolate in the community, in a way that enhances equity, minimises clinical and public health risks, and provide whānau with any wrap around support. The Whānau HQ model of care sits across primary, community and secondary care to strengthen health system readiness and deliver a coordinated approach that ensures community cases are managed and supported effectively.
Therefore, a key component is to ensure effective clinical governance, protocols, and review processes are in place across the end-to-end programme. This is a continuous process as the programme evolves to respond to new research, data analysis and experience within associated policy settings. It requires effective engagement across the NRHCC, primary and secondary care, public health, Māori and Pacific partners, community support organisations and the Ministry of Health.
Our ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds, provide advice and guidance needed for Māori, Pacific and other primary care providers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated clinical experience, primary healthcare would be an advantage
- Understanding of the NZ health system structure
- Strong leadership and governance experience
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Understanding of clinical digital systems
- An expertise for working collaboratively
- Experience in quickly building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed emotional intelligence
- Te Reo Māori and or a Pacific language skill would be advantageous
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Relevant tertiary qualification
This is preferably a full-time role based in Auckland CBD. The service is operational 7 days 0800hrs – 2000hrs and on-call rostered weekends will be required. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population.
If you have any technical issues with the online process, please contact People and Culture Consultant Hilary Cater email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.