Social Worker at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 1 x 12 month fixed-term/secondment available for Parental Leave cover
- Competitive salary, including a post-graduate initiative, ranging $59,872.00 - $90,714.36
- Whakatāne Site
About the role | Mō te tūnga
In order to make positive changes in the lives of children and families in our community, we need people like you who have knowledge, experience and are passionate about the wellbeing of children. Join a team with big hearts and a passion for getting things right for its children, young people and community. You can be part of a positive and supportive team and help children and young people be safe, strong and thrive.
- Hear tamariki and rangatahi voices and support them or their whānau to make positive changes
- Work with various cultural groups and people from different backgrounds
- Complete initial safety checks and assessments on the tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Holding a hui; supporting whānau to grow their capacity to care for their tamariki and rangatahi
- Be involved in planning interventions to maintain tamariki and rangatahi within their whānau
- Work alongside partners in our community, non-government organisations and state sector agencies
- Be an advocate on behalf of tamariki and rangatahi to ensure they have the support and resources needed to reach their full potential
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of Tamariki and Rangatahi.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
Ideal candidate for this role is an experiences Social Worker who has worked in Aotearoa in a similar role a non-governmental organisation (NGO) sector and/or someone who has worked within Oranga Tamariki previously.
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Experience from the child protection sector
- The ability to analyse and prepare social work and other plans e.g. financial
- Sound judgement and organisational skills
- The ability to manage risk and make tough decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Great written skills as you will need to write court reports, case notes and other documents
- A positive outlook and supporting nature
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry as applications for this role close on Thursday 14th July 2022
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. Many of our roles require our kaimahi to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in line with the COVID-19 Public Health response 2021 and in accordance with Oranga Tamariki's Vaccination Policy.
As an employee with Oranga Tamariki you may also be asked to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption if it is required for the position you have applied for.
If you have any questions around whether vaccination is required for this role please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.