Experienced Mental Health Professionals (Marlborough) at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Wairau Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand (Nelson Marlborough)
Location: Blenheim, Marlborough
Are you looking for a
Looking for a challenge?
' then come and join us living and working in Magical Marlborough, Top of the South
Case Manager & Crisis Worker roles suitable for Registered Nurses, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists with post-registration mental health work experience.
Crisis Worker / Case Manager, permanent positions working Monday to Sunday 8.00AM to 4.30PM. On call and overtime is required.
Crisis Worker Acute, permanent positions available working Monday to Friday 8.00AM to 4.30PM. Some overtime required.
- We are a close knit and supportive multi-disciplinary team with an excellent work/life balance.
- When people come here to work, they tend to stay.
- Professional development is encouraged, and you'll be given the chance to train as a DAO, if not one already. Enhance your skill set through ACT and FACT training along with the opportunity to become engaged in service development and project participation.
- We have incentivised PDRP development for nurses with recognised professional progression for other disciplines.
- There's an in-house Gym and staff discounts available at local businesses.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who
is an appropriate applicant?)
- You will be a mental health professional with the confidence to work autonomously and the resilience to manage a mixed case load.
- You will have post-registration mental health work experience, some of which may ideally have been within a community team.
- You are culturally aware and keen to reduce the barriers that make accessing services difficult for our Maori clients.
- You are driven to work in a pro-active manner and embrace change and development.
- You'll be a NZ or Australian citizen, or NZ Permanent Resident, or be eligible for a Work Visa.
For the health and safety of staff and patients all Te Whatu Ora staff are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, including boosters.
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
Marlborough has a diverse landscape with access to a variety of outdoor pursuits. If the thought of cycling through vineyards, whale watching or sailing in the Sounds appeals, then this is the place to be. Marlborough has an excellent climate with warm summers, mild winters and high sunshine hours making it the largest wine producing region in NZ.
At Nelson Marlborough Health we do great work and we need a great team to help us deliver.
The full-time equivalent salary range for this position, if an RN is appointed, is $64,291 through to $89,512 based on the current Mental Health and Public Health Nursing MECA, dependent on skills, experience, and registration in NZ.
The full-time equivalent salary range, if an Occupational Therapist or Social Worker is appointed, is $63,135 through to $89,701 based on the current Allied, Public Health & Technical MECA, dependent on skills, experience, and registration in NZ.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough's largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
If we have sparked your interest we encourage you to contact David Greer, Manager Operational Support via David.Greer@nmdhb.govt.nz so that we can setup an opportunity for an informal conversation, and to ascertain which position(s) you're interested in.
Keen to apply now, it's easy. Please fill in our online application form.
Closing date: Open for expressions of interest
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.