Coordinator: InterRAI trainer at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The details: Fixed term (ends 6 month after start date) 40 hours per week (1.0FTE). Perfect secondment role.
Are you interested in working with colleagues across professions to support them to develop understanding and confidence with the acute care interRAI assessment?
About the role:
We are looking for a registered health professional to become an authorised assessor to support other staff to achieve the standard required to use the interRAI tool.
We also need you to review the process and draft a report, which will be presented to the Executive Directors of Nursing and Central TAS, with recommendations for an ongoing sustainable process.
The role is a fixed term full time position. The pay scale will be equivalent of Grade 3 of the NZNO/DHB meca 2021.
• Plan and role out for training and assessment and sign off
• Review current training requirements against your assessor experience in training your colleagues
• Develop report with recommendations for future sustainability for training in rolling out the acute care interRAI assessment tool
We are looking for a registered health professional who:
• Enjoys supporting others to excel.
• Who has experience working across professions to support change in care provision.
• Has an interest in informing the future of how we work.
• Has excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to synthesis information and experience and report finding and recommendations to an elevated level.
• Is well organised with excellent written and digital skills
We will offer you a supportive working environment and enthusiastic team to work with.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Bryleigh Gordon in the Recruitment Team on Bryleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 21 July 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.