Dietitian at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Dietitian – Acute Inpatients
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital – Acute inpatient wards.
The details: Permanent and fixed term positions available. Full time and part time options considered. All roles include occasional weekend on call work.
Join our great dietetic team for the opportunity to work alongside our clients throughout their health journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a capable, team focused dietitian, preferably with acute hospital experience, to provide dietetic interventions for acutely unwell patients admitted to Waikato Hospital. You will work in partnership with other members of the multidisciplinary team to support patients when they are most unwell, so we are looking for someone who understands the value of compassionate and collaborative working. Occasional weekend on call is part of the role and can be discussed further at interview.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes;
• New Zealand Dietitians Board registration and current annual practicing certificate (or in the process of obtaining). Applicant will also have Dietitians Prescriber status.
• An ability to live and lead the Waikato DHB values of Whakamana (Give and earn respect), Whakarongo (Listen to me; talk to me), Mauri Pai (Fair Play), Whakapakari (Growing the good), Kotahitanga (Stronger Together).
• A commitment to achieving excellent clinical and business outcomes based on quality service delivery and outstanding and empathetic patients care.
• A drive for professional development and service advancement.
• An ability to work autonomously completing comprehensive clinical assessments, as well as use adult teaching principles to engage health consumers.
• A strong team focus, and excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• A full New Zealand drivers license.
This position is Children’s Worker, as defined by the Children’s Act (2014), and as such appropriate screening will be conducted.
Click here to review the position description
About Waikato DHB and the Allied Health Service:
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Maori communities.
Allied Health is a department of the Waikato DHB that provides Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech & Language Therapy, Dietetic, Audiology & New Born Hearing screening, Social Work, and Psychology services. Staff within these professions are all involved in direct client care and work in a wide range of situations to improve the health and wellbeing of the people they work with. Their work includes people who are acutely unwell in hospital, or requiring rehabilitation for serious illness or injury, people who have chronic illness or disability and need to improve functional independence and quality of life. Allied Health staff work in partnership with individuals and their family/whanau to facilitate relationships and a smooth journey through the healthcare system.
A wide range of education, training and learning opportunities are offered to our allied health staff, for more information click here.
Why Waikato: Learn more about living in the mighty Waikato click here
Please apply directly online. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the application process please contact Elysia Kortez in the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 31 July 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.