Practice Lead Transport Planning Team 1 at New Zealand Transport Agency, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Lead the team that shapes the future of transport and helps make an impact to New Zealand's transport system
- Challenging role leading the delivery of a broad range of Transport solutions
- Influence the future design of NZ Transport solutions
- Christchurch based
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As our Practice Lead Transport Planning, you will build and lead a high performing team of transport planning professionals who provide transport planning leadership and capability in the development of transport system solutions which respond to government priorities and achieve Waka Kotahi transport system goals.
As well as being accountable for the Waka Kotahi values and behaviours, your role has the following specific key accountabilities:
- Team leadership, building a highly engaged team through the coaching, mentoring and leadership of staff and ensuring the team have the capability and the tools to deliver Waka Kotahi priorities and outcomes
- In collaboration with fellow practice leads, develop career pathways to grow and retain high quality design and transport planning capability
- Maintain oversight of team member performance, providing performance feedback and coaching
- Resource management, understanding the needs of our customers and ensuring that there is the right capability and capacity in place to respond.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to bring your 'know how' and attitude:
- Demonstrated people leadership experience in leading engaged high performing teams
- Passionate and drive, and the ability to instil this with their team
- Demonstrated experience in growing and developing team members
- Proven ability to build and maintain highly collaborative relationships
- The ability to work strategically within a national context
- The ability to effectively bring together multiple perspectives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The focus of the Transport Services group is to provide, improve and maintain an integrated land transport system to effectively enable people-centred, technology-enabled, system focused transport services, in partnership with other system providers.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.