Speech Language Therapist (Part Time) Community Stroke Rehabilitation, Te Whatu Ora at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part Time (0.8FTE)
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines
The Community Stroke Rehabilitation (CSR) Team is seeking a core/experienced Speech Language Therapist to join their service.
In this position you will deliver community based rehabilitation, including early supported discharge input, within an interdisciplinary model. There is a weekly CSR FEES clinic and support for the successful candidate to develop their skills in this area. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic team, leading the delivery of community stroke rehabilitation nationally.
There is scope for involvement in service development and projects to improve the rehabilitation delivery. Ideally you will be able to work autonomously, as well as part of an interdisciplinary team, and ongoing support will be provided as required. Counties Manukau fully supports ongoing education and development of all employees including regular supervision, internal, and external training.
Applicants must hold a degree in Speech Language Therapy or equivalent and be eligible for membership of the NZSTA, rehabilitation experience is preferred. We are a family centred organisation with flexible working hours for the right applicant. So if you are seeking an opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive interdisciplinary team then we would like to hear from you.
- New Zealand approved qualification to practice Speech and Language Therapy
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience
- Full Current NZ Driver’s Licence
- Clinical & professional supervision/development of staff and students
- FEES (Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing) experience
- Videofluoroscopy experience
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Flexible ways of working providing you with a better work life balance
- Contribution towards your NZSTA (SLT Association) membership
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost as per policy guidelines
- Regular in-service covering a range of topics
- Access to training available for FEES and VFS
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
Job Number: CMH07090
Applications Close: 18 August 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.