Casual Midwife at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
- Do you want to work in a family centred maternity unit?
- Committed to providing safe and positive birthing experiences?
- Looking to share your knowledge and skills with whanau?
Taranaki Base Hospital has a secondary maternity unit, the birthing suite and antenatal ward are combined with six birthing rooms and seven antenatal beds. The post-natal ward consists of 16 beds. The neo-natal unit has level 2A accreditation with 6 cots and 2 Intensive care cots to provide care for babies from 28 weeks gestation.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team in the antenatal, intrapartum, postnatal ward or neo natal unit;
- Utilise your knowledge and skills to enable the mother and her family / whanau to care for their baby; and
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality assurance and accreditation principles.
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated for the successful applicants
To be a successful in this role you will:
- Be registered with the Midwifery Council, or have eligibility, and hold an Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Have one year postgraduate experience however we encourage New Graduates to apply.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work rostered shifts in all areas of the maternity unit: antenatal, birthing suite and the postnatal ward
If you are interested in the above position please "Apply Online" from this page.
To discuss this vacancy further you are welcome to contact
Lydia Rae at email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.