Senior Relationship and Investments Advisor at New Zealand Transport Agency, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Influence decision making that shapes how our future communities live and move about
- Strategic relationship position working closely with local governments
- A role where you can truly make a difference
The opportunity |'Te Whiwhinga mahi
Our Local Governments Partnerships Team has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Relationship and Investments Advisor to join the team. This is relationship focused and diverse role where you will develop strong partnerships across the lower South Island local governments creating genuine relationships that will foster sound investment advice supporting strategic transport programmes and projects.
You'll be the connector between Waka Kotahi's Technical subject matter experts and our local government partnerships, aiding our partners to effectively plan and deliver innovative and future-focused transport solutions that will positively impact how our communities live and move about in the community.
This is a pivotal role where you will be engaging and supporting local governments through understanding their needs, assisting them to access funding and helping them to 'tell their story.'
About you | Ko koe tēnei
You'll have exceptional relationship building skills and be a trusted advisor, able to clearly articulate investments are value for money for local communities as well as aligning to Waka Kotahi's strategic objectives.
We are looking for a confident self-starter, who thrives working collaboratively with diverse and varied stakeholders to achieve positive transport outcomes.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Sound understanding experience in financial investment and business case processes
- Experience in the evaluation of sector activities in government organisations'to achieve value for money and national outcomes
- Knowledge of local authority planning for transportation and investment decision making processes
- Ability to work strategically within a national context
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills
- Experience establishing and nurturing local government stakeholder relationships
In the Lower South Island there's a range of exciting projects your will work with local government partners on:
- Connecting Dunedin programme
- Queenstown Integrated Transport Programme Business Case
- Public Transport programmes in Dunedin, Queenstown and Invercargill
- Walking and cycling projects throughout the lower South Island
- Travel Demand Management
As part of our nationwide team, we collaborate on:
- the Emissions Reduction Plan implementation
- developing the National Land Transport Plan 2024-27
- ensuring our approaches are consistent and clear.
With so much variety, a great team culture and a focus on creating strong partnerships and relationships, it's a great time to join our team.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
About us |'Ko wai mātou
The Transport Services business group's aim is to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services. Our focus is to design and deliver an integrated transport system for all New Zealanders.
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.