Clinical Nurse Educator - Child and Maternal Health Services at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Clinical Nurse Educator - Child and Maternal Health Service
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki, New Plymouth
0.8 FTE (64 Hours Per Fortnight),
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
- Come join us on the slopes of Mount Taranaki
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click this link Taranaki - Like no other » Taranaki, New Zealand to read more information about Taranaki.
Te Whatu Ora - Taranaki is a large organisation (2,400 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse with acute care experience to join Te Whatu Ora - Taranaki as a Clinical Nurse Educator.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years post graduate nursing experience in an acute child health care setting, including advanced assessment skills and managing the deteriorating patient skills. This educational leadership role is pivotal for promoting, facilitating, providing and evaluating innovative and structured clinical education and training programmes to nursing and health care assistant teams, to develop acute care expertise, enhance patient care outcomes and to ensure safe nursing care practice standards are maintained.
- Develop, maintain, facilitate and evaluate an effective induction and orientation programme for nurses and Health Care Assistants (HCAs).
- Develop curricula, maintain, facilitate and evaluate innovative and structured education & training programme for nurses developing their scope of practice from competent to expert level.
- Develop curricula, maintain, facilitate and evaluate a planned and structured education & training programme for HCAs, including meeting requirements for merit steps.
- Monitor student learning progression and provide coaching & mentoring to preceptors and students.
- Advises and mentors nurses undertaking external professional development programmes as part of their career planning such as graduate, post-graduate and studies and external courses.
- Mentors and coaches’ nurses in their planning for Professional Development & Recognition Programme (PDRP) portfolio achievement, including the use of PDRP day(s) as appropriate and HCAs to achieve merit steps.
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Up to date Nursing Portfolio at Expert level (or commitment to working towards within six months of appointment).
- Masters Degree or PG Diploma and working towards Masters completion.
- Teaching qualification or working towards completion.
- Coaching/Mentoring training or working towards.
- Current CORE Advanced Certificate Holder, or prepared to work towards within one year of appointment.
- Perceived as highly effective, progressive and knowledgeable in area of practice, according to legal, ethical, cultural safety and professional standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of Treaty of Waitangi and implications for nursing education.
- Expert level advanced assessment skills and care planning ability, clinical reasoning and judgement.
Please click here to view the position description.
If you are interested in the position, please "Apply Online" from this page.
For further information please contact Diana Fergusson, Director of Nursing on Email: Diana.Fergusson@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is Monday 14 August 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.