Senior Pharmacist Paediatrics, Clinical Pharmacy Services at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you an experienced Clinical Pharmacist looking to take the next step in your career? If yes, then this is the position for you.
- Senior Clinical Pharmacist - Children’s Health
- Part time (0.2 FTE) permanent position
The Department of Pharmacy at Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand | Te Toka Tumai is looking for an experienced motivated pharmacist to provide high quality clinical pharmacy services to our paediatric patients at Starship - New Zealand's first and foremost children’s hospital.
Starship Hospital is an innovative, professionally stimulating work environment where you’ll enjoy a real breadth and balance, with various paediatric specialities including Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, Paediatric Cardiology, Medical Specialities including Renal and Liver Transplant, Neurology, General Paediatrics, Orthopaedics and General Surgery. You will work alongside clinical leaders to help you drive and influence strategies to best optimise the clinical pharmacy service.
In this exciting role you will join our award winning clinical team and contribute to the safe use of medicines by the providing clinical pharmacy input to paediatric patients’ care. Your input will include:
- work within a multidisciplinary team to conduct medication reviews and promote the quality use of medicines for defined groups of patients
- assist with discharge planning and patient/carer education
- work within a team of clinical pharmacists, supporting and teaching junior colleagues and the wider multidisciplinary team in order to facilitate good prescribing practice
For more information, please contact Kristen Greville – Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on email@example.com or 021 0413017
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 150 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services.
We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
You will be an enthusiastic clinical pharmacist, committed to furthering yourself and your peers with the ability to role model the Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand | Te Toka Tumai values.
- Qualified with a B.Pharm degree with NZ registration or applicable NZ recognised qualification from overseas, postgraduate clinical qualifications are desirable.
- Registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate
- At least three to five years of clinical pharmacy experience, paediatric experience highly desired
- Quick to pick up new concepts and strong attention to detail
- Drive, enthusiasm and initiative with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills are essential
- Ability to work in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to develop close working relationships across disciplines
We offer competitive remuneration commensurate with your skill, experience and qualifications, as per the Auckland Regional Allied/Public Health and Technical MECA.
For more information, please contact the hiring manager, Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 0413017
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email Aaron Chamberlain, Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.