Registered and Enrolled Nurse - PSAID at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent and fixed term Registered and Enrolled Nurse positions available - full time or part time.
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope of practice.
- Mental health experience, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a supportive team essential.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Psychiatric Service for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities (PSAID) Inpatient Unit, is an inpatient unit based at Hillmorton Hospital that specialises in the assessment and treatment of people with a dual diagnosis (intellectual disability and mental illness). The multidisciplinary team (MDT) actively involves the person in their care whilst collaborating with their family/whanau. We focus on a person's individual skills and abilities to maintain their independence whilst encouraging them to develop new skills. We utilise a variety of communication techniques to support the person to understand their treatment options and to make decisions. We promote the person to remain engaged with the wider community to maintain their social networks. We advocate a continuum of care, liaising with the community outpatient team, residential providers and caregivers to support successful discharge planning into the community setting.
Pehea | About You
Are you interested in being part of a team that focusses on and supports:
- working with a person and the people in their lives that are important to them
- developing therapeutic rapport, using varied communication techniques
- distinguishing between someone's clinical presentation as being driven by their mental illness/disability/physical illness or other factors
- tailoring recovery orientated plans to meet the person's individual needs
- advocating for a person and identifying and managing vulnerabilities
- provision of education and skill building techniques to support someone to be as independent as possible
- being a team player
- learning new skills and being professionally accountable
- having fun
These positions require a current full NZ driver's license and encompasses shift and weekend work.
There are permanent and fixed term Registered and Enrolled Nurse positions available - full time or part time
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of the Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19.This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order.As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.