Senior Occupational Therapist (Part Time, Fixed Term) Acute Allied Health, Te Whatu Ora at Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fixed Term until July 2023
Part Time 0.7 FTE
Remuneration as per MECA guidelines (between steps 9-12)
Counties Manukau District provides health and disability services to over 500,000 people in our local community. We are focused on achieving better health outcomes for our growing patient population, with particular emphasis on Maaori and Pacific peoples and other communities with health disparities.
We are looking for a Senior Clinician Occupational Therapist with more than 7 years recent experience to join our very large team of Occupational Therapists. You will be able to work in a stimulating full time role within the acute service and may work in any of our specialist medical, surgical or orthopaedic services, however this role will be primarily based in the medical wards.
The successful applicant will have evidence of previous employment as an occupational therapist within medical services. Proven ability to pro-actively manage a fast paced and dynamic work load is required.
In this role we are required to address the occupational needs of our clients during their acute hospital admission and assist with preparation for discharge from hospital to home or other rehabilitation or community services. It includes modelling best practice and actively promoting the occupational therapy role with the inter-professional team.
In addition, we require the applicant to have experience and be eligible to provide supervision to occupational therapists, rehabilitation assistants and occupational therapy students. Other responsibilities include leading and participating in quality and service improvements as required and with consultation.
We offer funding for professional development opportunities; including the opportunity, where appropriate, to take part in exciting quality improvement and clinical leadership initiatives. In addition, you will have regular supervision and support to continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand with current APC
- Minimum of 7 years experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Supervisory experience with students and staff
- Full New Zealand drivers licence
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Access to Ko Awatea, an onsite learning institute which attracts both National and International speakers and trainers
- Annual practicing certificate is refunded for every additional year of service
- This role is primarily Monday to Friday based at Middlemore Hospital and the train stops outside our front door!
Please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Job Number: CMH20228734
Applications Close: 16 August 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Counties Manukau District Health Board (South Auckland)|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.