Senior Analyst Insights Portfolio Open Data at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Analyst Insights Portfolio Open Data
Bring your exceptional skills in Business Analysis and Open Data
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
This is an opportunity to join our Business Insight Direction team. We are dynamic team with great culture and our work life balance is fantastic. If you are passionate about People and bringing Open Data pragmatism to every day, then this is the role for you.
As a consulting analyst you will use your amazing data wrangling and stakeholder engagement skills to shape our Open Data pipeline, no day is ever the same as we work to identify the capabilities required to ensure Waka Kotahi's data, information and insight needs are met.
This role provides insights thinking, together with advice that helps Waka Kotahi build and support its open data knowledgebase and insights capability. It does this through guiding the identification and release of data sets to Open Data platforms in partnership with stakeholders.
The role supports the Manager Business Insights Direction in identifying the capabilities (people, process, tools, etc.) required to ensure Waka Kotahi's data, information and insight needs are met.
This role may be based in Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch and will report directly to our manager, Business Insight Directions.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels and seek alignment
- Proven experience in providing technical advice and critical thinking in Open Data
- Strong problem-solving orientation - must be able to develop innovative, resourceful solutions to complex unstructured problems
- Delivery of multiple data solutions using Extract/Transform/Load (ETL), Business Intelligence (BI) and/or Data Warehousing (DW) tools
- Proven experience in business analysis and data preparation
- Substantial knowledge of data cleansing for delivery into Esri - Open Data Portal, Microsoft or Qlik
- Substantial experience with SQL to navigate large and complex datasets
- Knowledge of and experience in agile delivery methods
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Proficient in the use and review of mainstream coding including HTML
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
Along with our other'benefits'we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the: Position Description
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.