Financial Services Analyst at New Zealand Transport Agency, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Financial Services Analyst
- Bring your expert financial and analytical skills
- Role can be based in Palmerston North or Wellington
- 2-year Fixed Term Contract
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
A fantastic opportunity to bring your strong analytical and relationship management skills to this role within our Revenue Management team. This is a two-year fixed term contract where you will work as part of the dedicated project team to deliver the National Ticketing Solution (NTS) for public transport payments. As a trusted team member, you will provide advice and support to ensure Financial Operations interests are clearly represented and reflected in the outcomes of the project.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the significant financial services and financial aspects of Waka Kotahi's associated operational business processes and systems within the National Ticketing Solution Programme. Partnering with the wider business and external stakeholders, this role will contribute to financial operational and system design, implementation, and provide support to change and continuous improvement initiatives.
There may be some travel required in the role. We are looking for a strong relationship builder and someone who will work equally well with both internal and external stakeholders, and a range of service providers.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful, you will bring:
- Public sector, utilities, or related sector experience within an accounting, finance, or payments function
- Extensive working knowledge of financial management information and business systems, including the use and reconciliation of large-volume general ledger accounts to subsidiary/source data systems
- Experience in both process improvements and understanding business processes and utilising these to meet business and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated experience translating complex technical scenarios into business context, with a proven track record in evaluating and resolving complex issues
- Experience with the provision of accurate and timely data for ad hoc information requests as well as ongoing reporting requirements
- Understanding of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and working knowledge of practical approaches to minimise PCI compliance costs
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Information Systems or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.'
Review our benefits. Note that the Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical illness Insurance scheme is not available for Fixed Term Employees.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Investment and Finance team sit within the Corporate Support Group which provides key specialist corporate functions that are core to enabling Waka Kotahi to run efficiently and to achieve organisational excellence internally and for the land transport system. The focus of the Investment and Finance team is to manage the investment and financial management processes and systems and to provide on-going assurance that we are investing and managing money wisely.
View the Position Description
Applications close | Rā Katinga: Friday 29th July 2022
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.