Protective Security Coordinator at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Working directly into the Principal Advisor, this will be an opportunity to be mentored with the intention to provide you a platform for professional and career growth.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the successful delivery and monitoring of Waka Kotahi's Protective Security work programme. This role will collaborate with the wider Security team to coordinate and administer protective security requirements, address protective security issues and risks, and assist with protective security events and incidents.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support the security team to proactively manage security issues, risks, and incidents.
- Coordinate and support trend analysis and performance reporting for security governance groups and committees.
- Provide coordination and support for security working groups, steering committees, workshops, and forums.
- Manage the day-to-day processing and coordination of National Security Clearances and travel advice.
- Support the undertaking of key security projects by providing project coordination activities
- Supports the administrative management of security reporting channels, responding to stakeholders promptly.
- Be the information management champion for the security team
- Build and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, to identify and share best practice information and to promote Waka Kotahi, its products, and services.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A self-starter attitude, strong attention to detail and an inquisitive nature.
- Ability to identify and comfortably discuss security issues and risks with business managers.
- Ability to prioritise at times where unpredicted and urgent requests arise.
- Ability to communicate information, both orally and written, in a manner and style appropriate to the intended audience.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to seek and clarify information in person, by phone or in writing.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Te Aukaha | Digital strengthens Waka Kotahi through supporting our people and delivering future-focused solutions. We enable digital change and provide quality data, information and security services.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View here: Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close: 31 July 2022
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.