Senior Security Advisor - Information Technology at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fantastic opportunity to advocate best practice information security across Treasury and DPMC
- Contribute to the security and safety of our journey to the cloud
- Fantastic exposure working across two central government agencies
- Interesting and varied work across a diverse range of areas and customers
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have a unique opportunity for a Senior Security Advisor to join the Corporate and Shared Services team at this pivotal time. This is a permanent role and will provide expert risk and security advice to a range of internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that our information is kept safe and managed appropriately.
In this role you will collaborate with our Technology teams, our Information Management teams, agency Privacy officers and business owners to provide guidance and advice that ensures the required processes are followed for certification and accreditation to occur.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A strong understanding of government security best practices, policies, strategies and initiatives
- Experience with security engineering and monitoring in the cloud
- Demonstrable experience in identifying threats, risks and security controls that are efficient and effective
- Proven track record as someone who enjoys delivering a client focused service
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information please contact Hadley Tweedie, Information Technology Security Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rā kati | Applications close: Sunday 14th August. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Job Description_Senior Security Advisor .pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.