Medical Laboratory Scientist, Technical Specialist - Immunology, Part Time 0.5FTE, North Shore at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Part time 0.5 FTE,
- Monday to Friday (some out of hours work may be required)
- North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals
Waitemata District Hospital laboratory is committed to providing the best care for everyone with continuing excellence in healthcare across both North Shore Hospital and Waitakere Hospital sites.
We are looking for an Immunology Technical Specialist in our Biochemistry/Immunology department.
You will provide appropriate and timely Immunology testing. In addition, and in conjunction with the laboratory pathologist you will be responsible for the development, verification, validation and implementation of Immunology platforms and tests suitable for Waitemata District Hospital laboratory.
You will provide training and oversight of the laboratory scientists and technicians ensuring that standards and competencies are met.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in Immunology
- Experience in an acute 24/7 hospital laboratory
- Ideally, experience in the development and introduction of Immunology tests
- Exposure to the implementation of Immunology platforms.
- You will need to be motivated and focused with well-developed computer skills and the ability to research and introduce new technology.
The applicant must have:
- A current annual practising certificate as a laboratory scientist
- NZ registered Medical Laboratory Scientist in Immunology
- Ability to assist with staff training and supervise work carried out by laboratory technicians/assistants or graduate trainees.
To apply for this position go to www.wdhbcareers.com quoting reference number WDHB14778. For assistance in your application please contact Elizabeth Loveday, Recruitment Consultant via email Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the position description please click here
Reference number: WDHB14778 Closing Date: 16th August 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.