Senior Analyst - Commercial and Institutional Performance at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Help drive the performance and value of Crown company ownership, and help us for the realisation of benefits for all New Zealanders
- Join our passionate and talented team making a real difference in Aotearoa
- Bring your commercial or financial analysis expertise to strengthen our strategic and policy performance advice to Ministers
- Be well-supported in your professional development and career aspirations
- We offer competitive remuneration, 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Our three Commercial and Institutional Performance teams provide advice to Ministers on the Crown's ownership interest in approximately 50 Crown companies and entities in the Infrastructure, Services and Investment sectors, including some of the largest companies in New Zealand. Our aim is to ensure that these companies are overseen to optimise performance, manage risk and enhance value to support future intergenerational wellbeing.
We are at the interface of the commercial world and central government, and we look for talented people from a range of professional backgrounds to support us in our work.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
In this role you will:
- Manage the relationships between the Treasury and the commercial and multiple objective companies that you are responsible for, including representing the Treasury in regular meetings with the Chair, directors and senior management
- Apply analytical tools to improve insights into performance, industry dynamics and key drivers of value and risk
- Provide advice to Ministers, in particular the Minister for State Owned Enterprises and Minister of Finance, on opportunities, challenges and risks facing these companies
- Lead projects providing advice on commercial transactions on behalf of the Crown, and
- Regularly engage with senior officials across the public sector and connect with stakeholders outside of Government.
With 3 -5 years of relevant experience, you will be employed in a commercial, corporate finance or financial services role or you will be working within the public sector as a performance advisor carrying out financial and performance analysis, preferably in the infrastructure sector.
Wherever you are, you will be conversant in corporate finance or organisational performance and have the intellectual curiosity required to help drive the performance and value of the Crown companies.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are seeking a well-rounded candidate with real world experience with commercial organisations. You will also bring:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex problems in a relatable manner
- Experience in leading work programmes and an ability to collaborate and coordinate with colleagues across a diverse organisation
- The ability to influence and work with different stakeholders
- Strong commercial and/or financial analytical and problem-solving skills skill and experience in applying these to provide strategic, policy or performance advice
- Experience and practical knowledge of strategic and commercial issues and exposure to project and / or transaction management.
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a work environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. To this end, we offer:
- A lively and supportive team environment with interesting and stimulating issues to address, working on projects that have an impact of the lives of New Zealanders
- A collaborative work environment where you will interact with a range of people, within the group, in the wider Treasury and with a range of external stakeholders, and
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations.
The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements, so please talk to us about what flexible working means for you.
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information and a kōrero please contact Ann Webster, Manager, Commercial and Institutional Performance, Infrastructure at Ann.Webster@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: Monday 15 August 2022. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Job Description_Senior Analyst.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.