Senior Insights Specialist at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be an expert on how and why people move around safety and sustainably
- Design and manage complex quantitative and qualitative insights projects
- Enable evidence-based decision making
- Auckland or Wellington Location
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
The actionable and strategic insight we deliver positively influences the delivery and achievement of Waka Kotahi strategic objectives, in turn creating great outcomes for New Zealanders.
You will also produce high quality, accessible customer stories and data, with expert interpretation and insight; incorporate innovative thinking; participate in the evaluation of the effectiveness of customer insights; and facilitate the sharing of best practice methods.
As a team contributor and collaborator, you will be involved in continuous improvement of methods and processes, share customer insight experience and knowledge and participate in team business planning processes.
You will have ownership of insights needs and lead projects for specific parts of our diverse business, with the support of a resilient and cooperative team.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for the following skills in our team:
- Experience in using a variety of both quantitative and qualitative market research methods to create robust and meaningful customer insight.
- Ability to lead strategically challenging customer insight projects.
- Able to analyse information and form a clear conceptual understanding of its meaning and to identify the implications of the findings.
- Storytelling skills, the ability to distil complex information to express ideas simply, with a focus on providing actionable insights for a range of technical and senior stakeholders.
- Ability to find creative and innovative approaches, demonstrating curiosity and challenge of existing thinking
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and iterative approaches.
- Understanding of, or willingness to learn about government and regulatory environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relating well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively, building constructive and effective relationships and influencing policy and strategic direction using customer insights.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Insights team forms part of the Corporate Support function for Waka Kotahi, which underpins everything Waka Kotahi does. Along with Research and Analytics, Corporate Support also includes the business units Finance, Legal, Risk and Assurance, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. Together we are knowledge partners enabling sound decision making and delivery across the organisation.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
View the Position Description
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday 7th August 2022
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.