Coordinator - Administration & Primary Care at West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport), Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Integrated Health Services Central is seeking a full-time permanent Coordinator, who has excellent customer service skills. In this role you will be working across the primary practice as well as our hospital kapa (teams) covering a range of administration duties. This is an exciting and diverse role where you will have the opportunity to work across both public facing and administration duties.
In this role you will be required to guide and coach the Administration Team to achieve best practice administration standards within Primary Care. You will be required to mahi (work) between Monday and Friday, 8 hours per day. Occasional flexibility, to provide leadership and education for team mates whose mahi is more weekend focussed, may be required.
Key responsibilities are:
- Develop and embed efficient administrative protocols
- Train Administration Team members to develop their knowledge of services, standards, and systems as well as accreditation standards
- Support the business and administration manager with recruitment and on-boarding
- Produce regular reporting
- Work in close collaboration with two other Coordinators, who specialise in 24/7 Systems and Reception & Secondary Care
- Liaise with the Medical Staffing team to ensure appropriate medical cover is maintained
- Identify and solve problems that impact the operations of Te Nikau Health Centre
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Communicate and respond to patient queries
- Support quality audits are completed, recorded and corrective actions are taken
- Cover reception role when required
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Experience in Administration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of and commitment to uphold the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Typing and Data Entry skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in change management
- Problem solving, managing conflict and prioritisation skills
Mō mātou | About Us
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Waitaha and the Te Tai o Poutini community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora Te Tai o Poutini | West Coast, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference. We will help you grow in rural health with a continued focus on your career development. We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn't a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora - Te Tai o Poutini | West Coast
When you work at the Te Tai o Poutini - West Coast, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.