Registered Nurse ,General Paediatrics-Starship Child Health at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles
- Fun, Friendly and professional team
Come be part of our Team!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Auckland DHB and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland DHB is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
We are committed to delivering Whanau-centred care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whanau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post graduate nursing education, and through the building or our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for Registered Nurses who have an interest in Paediatrics and who will meet the needs of tamariki and their family/whanau using contemporary nursing care which is safe, appropriate and effective. We have Permanent full time or part time vacancies available in our General paediatrics team at Starship Children's Hospital.
General Paediatrics is a fast paced and diverse service delivering care to children and young people with a wide range of paediatric medical problems. The team have a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to ensure healthy wellbeing with a focus on the social, emotional and physical health of whānau.
The Starship General Paediatrics service provides paediatric medical assessment and management for children and young people who live in the Central Auckland area. We provide both inpatient and outpatient services. Inpatients are usually admitted through the Starship Emergency Department and occasionally as an arranged admission. We provide an inpatient programme for young people with eating disorders who are medically unstable, in collaboration with the Child Liaison Psychiatry team and Eating Disorders Service.
You will provide expert assessment, education, care navigation and case management of children, young people and whānau under the Service throughout Starship. This includes those with complex needs. You will be a key member of the team, liaising with the wider MDT and community services and agencies to coordinate care that spans the continuum from acute care to living in the community. You will strive for clinical excellence and improving health outcomes, enabling whānau to thrive with healthy Tamariki.
No outpatient work for the nurses
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Paediatric Nursing experience
- have a strong commitment to quality care
- be capable of working within a multi–disciplinary team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19. This position is a Core Children’s worker under the Children’s Act & requires a full safety check completed before employment starts.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB0722W25 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.