Registered Nurse ,Medical Specialties-Starship Child Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Paediatric Registered Nurses - Ward 26B, Medical Specialties, Starship Child Health
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Full time and part time roles
- Fun, Friendly and professional team
Come be part of our Team!
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for Registered Nurses who have an interest in Paediatrics and who will meet the needs of patients and their family/whanau using contemporary nursing care which is safe, appropriate and effective. We have Permanent full time or part time vacancies available in our Medical Specialities team at Starship Children's Hospital.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Paediatric Nursing experience
- have a strong commitment to quality care
- be capable of working within a multi–disciplinary team.
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to family centred care
- have a positive attitude, an innovative and adaptable approach to practice
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
We are Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai Auckland and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Te Toka Tumai Auckland is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
The Medical Specialities (ward26B) provides tertiary and quaternary care to children including treatment for long term and specialist medical conditions. Our ward specialises in caring for children from the neonatal period right up to age sixteen with complex and often long term needs relating to Renal, Gastro and Respiratory.
This role gain clinical experience while caring for children under our National Intestinal Failure Service, our Paediatric Haemodialysis Service as well as care for children undergoing kidney and liver transplants. We also provide tertiary and quaternary care for children requiring sleep medicine and long term ventilator support. Our dedicated multidisciplinary team show enormous compassion and care for our children, who come from across New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
What we can offer you:
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly and fun team
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
- A structured process of performance evaluation
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022 that includes a simplified residency process for health workers on the new “Green List” of occupations – and this position is one of those designated critical positions! Of course for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here are the links to two key pages of NZ Immigration's official site for more information: Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa and Immigration NZ Green List Occupations .
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB0722W26B to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.