Kaihangarau Whakahaere | Operations Technician 2023 Census at Statistics NZ, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $ 50,812 to $ 64,213negotiable + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- An environment where we can all be leaders, where your ideas and input are encouraged
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure)
- Free flu jab, eye tests and subsidized eyewear
Mō te tūnga | The role
We are looking for an Operations Technician in the Field Provisioning and Logistics team. You will be joining the field operations team which is responsible for the design, development and implementation of the field technology, field support and field logistics system and processes. The role will report to the Manager of the Field Provisioning and Logistics teams within the Census Collections Workstream. Fixed term until 30 June 2023. Requirements in your role may change with the needs of the organisation.
This role will see you;
- Support the team in their daily tasks as we prepare and operate the 2023 Census Collection Operation
- Review documentation about the design and documentation of key operational systems and processes that make up a field operation
- Participate in the project delivery of tools and services in a Collection Operation
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, demonstrated problem solving, reflected on your own and other's behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views
- Any experience demonstrating an inclusive and collaborative working style
- A positive 'can do' attitude and eagerness to work as part of a team
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We realise we're asking you to submit a cover letter and CV that encourages you to be you! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD, Operations Technician - FMD 260722.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.