Ward Clerk at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you enjoy a role with high customer contact?
- Do you have proven administration /clerical background?
- Permanent role in the healthcare industry
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a Ward Clerk role available, 1.0 FTE, to provide administrative and clerical support to assist in the smooth running of the Acute Cardiac Care Unit (ACCU) at Auckland City Hospital. The ACCU team provides specialised care to patients and families from the Auckland Region, Nationally and overseas. Our commitment is to the highest levels of clinical quality and providing evidence based personalised care to our patients and their families.
As the ACCU Ward Clerk, you will be involved with a high level of customer contact. You will be responsible for the maintenance of patient's files, arranging patient follow up, communicating with regional hospitals and supporting other areas in our directorate as required. Part of your daily tasks are communicating and supporting the clinical team and assisting in ward management functions.
Your other duties include:
- Ensuring patient charts are returned to clinical records
- Ordering of equipment for the ward
- Providing front of house reception duties for patients, families and visitors to ACCU
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years administrative/clerical experience
- Experience in the health industry is preferred
- Knowledge of hospital systems would be advantageous.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and ability to communicate effectively with staff and patients
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please apply below or visit our careers page http://careers.adhb.govt.nz/ quoting reference ADHB15093 and attach your latest CV and cover letter.
For more information about this role please contact Kim Marshall at KMarshall@adhb.govt.nz
If you have any queries about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Maylaine, Recruitment Consultant at MaylaineC@adhb.govt.nz.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.