Obstetrician & Gynaecologist - Wairau Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Wairau Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough seeks a senior Obstetrician & Gynaecologist to join the Women, Child, & Youth Department at Wairau Hospital, Blenheim
- Permanent 0.7 FTE (56 hours a fortnight)
- Be part of a dynamic team
- 1:4 on-call
- Great opportunity for private practice
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana
ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health and well-being of the female population in Marlborough region.
- Participate in the O&G 1:4 not onerous on-call roster.
- Join a close-knit team of three New Zealand-trained specialists including two have been working as O&G specialists in NZ for over 20 years, who are happy to share their knowledge and experience; and the third O&G has recently completed the NZ training programme and will work alongside you to continue developing the service.
- Teach and develop our junior O&G team.
- Have an opportunity to engage with different primary birthing units in the region.
- Have an opportunity to achieve work/life balance and enjoy one of New Zealand - s most sought-after regions.
Ko wai he kaitono
tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal applicant will:
- Bring their Obstetrics and Gynaecology expertise and competencies to contribute to the advanced treatment and medical care of the female patients in the region.
- Have experience in advanced laparoscopic surgery, urogynaecological surgery, and management experience.
- Be competent in general Obstetrician and Gynaecology, however, be supported by colleagues at both Wairau and Nelson hospitals.
- Hold or be eligible for C-QuiP certification for colposcopy.
- Hold FRANZCOG or equivalent post graduate qualification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate and vocational scope of Obstetrics and Gynaecology with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Meca | ASMS
In addition to your salary you will:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences.
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa - New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. Blenheim offers all the attraction and convenience one would expect with close proximity to the Marlborough Sounds and National Parks. Also, there is a modern airport with daily flights to Wellington, Christchurch, and Auckland.
Marlborough offers an amazing friendly and safe community to raise a family and enjoy - kiwilife - at its best. Marlborough has 20% of New Zealand - s coastline and boasts 2400 sunshine hours per year. It is unrivalled in the array of easily accessible leisure pursuits and outdoor activities it provides, sailing and mountain biking, hiking being very popular.
The region offers endless opportunities for walking/hiking, water sports, and skiing. The region is also well known for its award-winning wineries, art, local theatre and convention centre hosting visiting shows, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://marlboroughnz.com/live-work/
mātou rōpū (About our team)
Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand, Nelson Marlborough is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals, but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team, and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
The Obstetrics and Gynaecology department at Wairau hospital, Blenheim has approximately 500 deliveries per annum, with the majority being cared for by the excellent midwifery team, so the 1:4 call is not onerous. In addition, there is ready access for advice/transfer of care from the tertiary services in Christchurch and Wellington
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More
Me pēhea ahau e tono
ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact:
- Donna Addidle - Service
manager Women, Child & Youth, Donna.Addidle@nmdhb.govt.nz
- Michel Sangalli - HOD O&G Michel.Sangalli@nmdhb.govt.nz
To apply please follow the link to complete our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Applications via email are not considered.
Please note: All Te Whatu Ora staff are required to have primary course of NZ approved COVID-19 vaccines as you may work with patients and public.
Applications close: Open until filled.
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.