Physiotherapist - Intermediate Care (Permanent, Full-Time) at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to work within our Allied Health Intermediate Care team
- Permanent, full-time role with continuous improvement and development opportunities
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland DHB we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a full-time, permanent position available for a New Zealand Registered experienced Physiotherapist to join our Allied Health Intermediate Care team. This position is based at Greenlane Clinical Centre and amounts to 40 hours/week. The team consists of Nurses and Allied health staff with our focus being to bridge the gap between hospital and home before long term services takeover. We are a progressive service which is committed to delivering care in a contemporary locality-based framework:
- Provide acute care to patients aged from 16yrs, presenting with a wide variety of conditions
- Intermediate Care includes R-CAT (Rapid Community Access Team) and Interim Care Beds in both community and private hospital settings
- Response time to referrals is within 24hour and involves working with patients either transitioning from hospital to home or preventing admission to hospital
- Participate in a 7 day roster which offers the flexibility of days off during the week and extended long weekends
- Work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective services
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 2+ years of post-graduate clinical experience
- Clean, full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence-based practice
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary bicultural environment
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- A flexible, pro-active approach with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information about this role please contact Rosica Latchman (Charge Nurse Manager – Intermediate Care) on RosicaL@adhb.govt.nz
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health, Pt Chev Clinical Centre and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
- Working within a dynamic, supportive and multidisciplinary team
- Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
- On the job training with development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
For more information on what we offer, please click here
We are an interdisciplinary team that works at the top of professional scope. We are a responsive service, which means that every day is different as we respond to the needs of our community. We work collaboratively with a strong focus on patient outcomes. We are committed to our workforce reflecting the communities serve and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to join
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa.
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Salary Range: Step 2 $57,435 to Step 8 $79,504 (Depending on Experience)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Monday, 29 August 2022 at Time 11:59 pm (New Zealand standard time).
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Elismha Lubbe - Recruitment Consultant at ElismhaL@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB15127 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.