Programme Support and Team Administrator at Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Is improving child wellbeing and reducing child poverty important to you?
- Do you enjoy being an integral member of a highly effective team with the aim of achieving shared success?
- Are you looking for a varied role providing administrative and programme support to a to a small team and a Director?
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC) is looking for an experienced administration professional who can provide proactive, high quality administrative and programme support services to the Director and the wider Child Wellbeing and Poverty Reduction Group.
Reporting to the Director Child Wellbeing and Poverty Reduction, you will:
- Provide timely and efficient executive assistance to the Director and administrative support to the wider team
- Manage the group's day-to-day office systems including meeting organisation, contract administration, information management, providing secretariat support to designated meetings. Support the team with various administrative tasks.
- Co-ordinate Official Information Act (OIA) requests , proactive releases, Ministerial correspondence, and Parliamentary questions for which the group is responsible
- Support the Director to compile the Group's quarterly reporting, monitor achievement of the business plan and work programme, manage the Group's budget, and meet other Group reporting requirements.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key contacts and support business relationships through taking a quality-oriented, timely, and service-focused approach.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- the ability to think ahead, use initiative, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- extensive experience in providing administrative, operational and programme support to senior management and teams
- a positive attitude in a busy environment, exhibits grace under pressure and maintains a sense of humour
- demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to manage complex relationships
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent computer literacy, use of Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint) and an ability to learn, use, and adapt to new technology
This role is permanent and based in Wellington CBD
Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022, we ask all applications to be made online.
For further information regarding this role please contact AJ.Papps@dpmc.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||CWPRG - 2022 - Programme Support and Team Administrator.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.