Senior Advisor at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Be an integral part of the Business Management Team (BMT) and assist with driving output, training, and meeting deadlines
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Salary range – $95,103 - $115,585 depending on skills and experience
About the role:
The Business Management team in Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is accountable for high quality and timely responses to requests made under the Official Information Act (OIA) and facilitates and completes a range of reporting documents for officials.
The Senior Advisor BMT is a specialist role providing advice on Ministerial Servicing and business management within INZ.
As a Senior Advisor you will bring your depth of knowledge in parliamentary processes and strong writing skills to lead a significant portfolio of work to tell INZ's story. In this role you will provide high quality written content for a wide range of OIA requests and ministerial reports. You will also bring strong mentoring and coaching skills to impart your knowledge across INZ and the BMT.
This role will be ideal for someone who has previous advisory experience in the public sector and is wishing to further develop themselves both professionally and personally – plenty of support will be provided to help achieve this.
Skills and experience required:
We are interested to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of ministerial and machinery of government management processes
- Knowledge of business planning cycles, accountability frameworks and reporting systems
- Knowledge of the Official Information Act
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, problem solve and work constructively in managing difficult situations.
- Proven ability to develop trust and integrity with managers and staff
- Ability to understand and process new information quickly
- Ability to establish sound working relationships
- Sound organisational and time management skills
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.