Kaitātari Māramatanga Matua | Senior Insights Analyst (1 Permanent and 1 Fixed T at Statistics NZ, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaitātari Māramatanga Matua | Senior Insights Analyst - (1 Permanent and 1 Fixed Term to June 2024)
Play your part in contributing to meaningful outcomes, About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $89,117- $104,914 + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs (either Christchurch or Wellington)
Te tūnga | The role
There is an opportunity for a permanent role reporting to the Manager - Census Products and Services team and a fixed term position (with the potential to be extended or made permanent) reporting to either the Manager of the Needs and Analysis or Analysis Operations teams
As a Senior Analyst your strong technical and analytical skills will be accompanied by your professional experience in mentoring and coaching as you will lead and drive work forward, playing a key role supporting your colleagues' technical and analytical capability. You'll work to identify quality and business process issues, opportunities and risks and work to deliver solutions to them. You will also work across and outside Stats NZ showing systems-wide thinking, forming collaborative on-going relationships with our customers.
You'll have the opportunity to be involved in multiple parts of the production process. You could be responsible for understanding and defining customer and data quality needs, analysing and assessing the quality of the 2023 Census data, or providing insight to the census data by sharing it in various products and services. As a part of your role, you will work with a wide range of internal and external customers/stakeholders and also mentor and give guidance to other analysts in the team.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Examples where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other's behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Strong subject matter knowledge in social statistics, including customer information needs and data use, data quality analysis and measurement, statistical production processes, products and services' development.
- Familiarity with R, Power BI and SQL would be advantageous
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, good time management skills and ability to adapt and respond to new information.
- Any examples where you've worked with Māori, iwi, hapū and Tiriti partners is highly desirable.
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We realise we're asking you to submit a cover letter and CV that encourages you to be you! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability.
Please reach out to Amanda Cockcroft, Manager - Census Products and Services, email@example.com to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes. You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted. Please do not contact hiring managers directly.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD Insights Analyst and Senior Insights Analyst 150722.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.