Frontline Station Support Officer at NZ Police, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Station Support Officer, it starts with you!
- Based at New Plymouth Police Station
- Salary starting at $57,083
- Permanent/Full Time
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
- Shift Work, Rotating Rosters between 7.00 to 21.00 hrs. (weekends included)
About the role
The role of Frontline Station Support Officer is to provide customer service for our Front Counter based at the New Plymouth Police Station. You may be faced with challenging situations which will need to be approached with professionalism, respect, empathy and in a positive manner.
The role of Frontline Station Support Officer provides operational and administrative support to Police which includes but is not limited to front counter customer service, data entry, use of Police systems and file management.
This role is required to work shifts covering the period between 7.00 a.m. to 9.00 pm Monday to Sunday, this includes weekends and public holidays
The ability to deal with challenging circumstances in a customer services environment
• A sound knowledge of computer applications, Microsoft suites and an ability to upskill in new applications
• Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work hard in a team environment
• Prioritise workflow
• Manage time effectively to complete multiple files and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professionalism – taking pride in representing Police and making a difference in the communities we serve
• Supportive of one another – supporting our colleagues across every function and level of Police
- Must have a Full NZ Driver’s licence
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- A sound knowledge of computer applications, in particular NIA and Microsoft suites
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work hard in a team environment
- Prioritise workflow
- Manage time effectively to complete multiple files and meet deadlines
- Professionalism - Taking pride in representing Police and making a difference in the communities we serve
- Supportive of one another - Supporting our colleagues across every function and level of Police
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 5PM Friday 12th August
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.