Planners, Environmental Planning at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Nationally focused roles in Poutiaki Taiao/Environmental Planning team
- Shape transport and land use to make it easier, safer, and cleaner
- Collaborate, partner, and engage
- Apply your technical knowledge and gain experience across the planning spectrum including project consenting, approvals and policy
- Various levels and locations, fixed term and permanent
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
You will join a high performing and collaborative national planning team of 45+, which provides a diverse and challenging work profile and opportunities throughout Aotearoa. The Poutiaki Taiao team is the primary home of resource management planning expertise for Waka Kotahi.
You could be a consenting lead on one of our projects in the morning and jumping into influencing our policy direction and strategic focus in plan making, RM reforms or climate change in the afternoon or looking at third party land use approvals. No two days are the same.
Our roles have great scope for building and working with a variety of stakeholders and partners. You'll be representing Waka Kotahi in a variety of forums and provide advice and oversight to enable decision makers to make transparent and informed decisions.
We have a number of opportunities in the team (both fixed term and permanent) and are looking for people with the right fit, whether you're a fresh graduate or a seasoned planner.
Please click to view the position descriptions and let us know which role you are applying for:
Planner, Environmental Planning
Senior Planner, Environmental Planning
Principal Planner, Environmental Planning
Ko koe tēnei | About you
To be successful in this role, you will bring an understanding/experience in the following areas (appropriate to the level you are applying for):
- Resource Management Act (RMA) regulatory process and an ability to communicate that process to non-RMA experienced people.
- Other relevant statutes including Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga (HNZPT) Act, Wildlife Act and Conservation Act.
- Drafting submissions and evidence and presenting evidence at hearings, including environment court hearings.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders and managing relationships, including undertaking community consultation and engagement.
- Understanding of the transport sector and the role of the transport network is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to tailor communication styles appropriately to different audiences and situations.
- Tertiary qualification in planning or a related discipline (postgraduate is desirable).
- Full Membership of the NZPI, RMLA (or equivalent is desirable).
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The Transport Services Group plan, design, build, operate and maintain an integrated transport system which reflects our plans and priorities and to provide, improve and maintain the land transport system to effectively enable transport services.
The Poutiaki Taiao/Environmental Planning team work with and for Aotearoa to influence quality development, safe outcomes and protect public investment in the transport system. We are a national team and work in a collaborative and transparent way to achieve national consistency and regional impact in the resource management space.
Along with our other benefits we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical Illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees. 5 weeks annual leave and 10 days sick leave per year, increasing with service.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 21 August 2022
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.