Activity Class Manager at New Zealand Transport Agency, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your passion for transport to the national stage
- Help us optimise the programme and prioritisation of one of NZ largest public sector investment funds
- Bring your collaborative and open style
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
Waka Kotahi has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport professional to join the team as our next Activity Class Manager focused on our $2.3bn investment in local road maintenance. You will be part of a supportive team of Activity Class Managers, who each take ownership and manage their dedicated Activity Class (an investment fund).
The purpose of the role is to ensure effective oversight, prioritisation, and monitoring of an activity class (an investment fund) to support the development and delivery of the National Land Transport Programme (NLTP).
This is a vital role, where you will be monitoring the performance of an Activity Class, ensuring effective oversight and prioritisation of funding to support the development and delivery of the National Land Transport Programme (NLTP).
Collaborating closely with investment advisors, you'll be reviewing and providing advice to senior decision-makers on the affordability of projects and programmes within your Activity Class. You will also undertake forecasting of spend and provide advice on funding levels to support the planning and prioritisation for future NLTPs.
Your strong eye for detail, ability to interpret data and reports and translate that into clear advice, will help to ensure we're delivering value for money and getting the best out of our funding for this activity class.
This role could be based in Auckland, Wellington, Palmerston, Hamilton or Christchurch.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
As our next Activity Class Manager, you will be motivated, proactive, self-managing and thrive on building strong relationships that will drive value and make a genuine impact across Aotearoa.
In addition, you'll bring:
- Subject matter expertise relevant to Local Road maintenance in a planning, investment or delivery role
- Financial literacy with experience of budget management and budgeting for a programme of spend,
- Strong programme, risk management and assessment skills
- Skilled in stakeholder engagement, able to build trusted relationships
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to understand and interpret reports
- Confidence to report efficiently on performance status, up to Executive Leadership level
- Proven influencing and collaboration skills, both internally and externally
- The ability and confidence to make informed decisions and set directions that withstand scrutiny and challenge
- Experience working within an environment with ambiguity, able to adapt to changes of direction or priorities
This is an influential role where you can truly make a difference and support tangible decisions that lead to optimal transportation outcomes across Aotearoa.
For a copy of the position description please click here
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.