Talent Pathway Coordinator at NZ Police, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Talent Pathway Coordinator, it starts with you!
- THE most important recruitment role in NZ
- Based at RNZPC, Wellington (Porirua)
- Salary starting from $57,083 - negotiable
- Multiple 12 month Fixed Term Opportunities
- Free Parking and Gym
About the Role
The Talent Pathway Coordinator is a member of the Talent Pathway Team within the People and Capability Group.
Our People and Capability Group supports New Zealand Police in attracting, developing and retaining talented people across the organisation with the aim to ensure our people are safe, enabled and empowered to deliver Our Business.
As a Talent Pathway Coordinator you’ll work with some of the best recruiters in NZ delivering real benefit on a national level to provide support for the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring we deliver on the talent acquisition and recruitment strategy.
This role has a focus on our Emergency Communicator recruitment stream, this is a unique, tailor-made process to suit the needs of this distinct workgroup. The work you will do in this role is directly connected to helping support NZ Police provide the critical link between the public and frontline policing.
Our busy, supportive, and collaborative team work together to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality police staff across the country. This really is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual who is passionate about recruitment to join a highly successful team.
Attention to detail and top-level service are your key drivers, as are your familiarity and comfort with compliance-based recruitment tools and systems. Proven experience managing senior level stakeholder relationships is also key to being successful in this position. Our team is responsible for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure we’re delivering the best recruitment service possible. We work collaboratively across the organisation with various workgroups and with our external recruitment partners.
Some of the benefits of working from Royal New Zealand Police College are free parking, free use of the gym and swimming pool, onsite cafe and many additional benefits.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting administrative functions.
- Effectively support the end-to-end talent acquisition and recruitment processes through planning, prioritising and organising work to meet deadlines.
- Work with a range of technologies to manage key aspects of the recruitment process and ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across Police
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives and implementation
- Contribute to a positive team environment and building Police’s employment brand and reputation.
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- We’re looking for someone who demonstrates the ability to take the initiative to solve problems and make decisions.
- We work with urgency and high volumes and are seeking someone who is experienced in recruitment administration and is confident in managing work under pressure with sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- An understanding of recruitment systems (ideally SAP Success Factors) would be an advantage, full training will be provided.
- Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to role we also place a high emphasis on your mindset, your alignment with our values, your ability to work in a high performing team and your leadership.
- Our team is inclusive and enjoys a supportive team culture, applicants will need to demonstrate their ability to engage the characteristics of a high performing team.
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/pd/04-2021/talent_pathway_coordinator.pdf
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact the Talent Pathway Team Leader: Fiona.Lumb@police.govt.nz
Applications close 5:00pm, Tuesday 9th August 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.